Terms & Conditions
NON-DELIVERY AND CANCELLATION
In the rare occurrence that any bottles are broken or spoilt upon delivery, please contact us as soon as possible for a replacement or refund. Please ensure that any faulty bottles are always retained, as in certain circumstances the distributors may wish to collect them for analysis.
You may cancel your order for any reason up to and including 7 days from the date of delivery of your order, provided all the bottles are returned unopened and intact, however we reserve the right to charge for any collection costs that are incurred. We will refund the price of the order (minus any collection/return costs if applicable) within 28 days from the date of cancellation.
Claims for non-delivery must be made within three months of your order date. Any complaint is taken very seriously and we endeavour to respond as soon as possible. If you have any questions regarding orders and general enquiries please contact us via the form on the Contact Us page.
Please note that The South Africa House of Wine shall not be liable if instructions are provided to leave wine unattended at your premises and it is subsequently damaged or stolen by a third party.
Delivery to the EU
Due to complications and restrictions surrounding exports we currently do not ship to the following EU destinations.
Bulgaria, Cyprus, Estonia, France, Greece, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Ukraine.
From 1st January 2021 all overseas orders both within and outside the EU will be priced excluding UK duty and VAT. Prices will be adjusted when you checkout.
Deliveries to the EU may be liable to local duties and taxes for which customers are responsible. The local delivery agent in your destination country will contact you to arrange payment of these taxes. Please contact your local customs authorities prior to placing your order if you have any questions.
Please note, deliveries to the EU are subject to a minimum order value of £150 excluding delivery charges.
We are reviewing the situation frequently and apologise for any inconvenience.
*Code expires 19/07/2021, 23:59 BST. Code can only be used once per customer, with a £50 minimum spend, excluding shipping.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All copyright, database rights, trademarks and any other intellectual property rights in and to the content on this website, such as text, graphics, logos, banners, images, buttons, underlying source code and software, is the sole property of The South Africa House of Wine, or the applicable licensor.
Any use (including copying, reproduction, duplication, transmission, or display of the content of this website, without the express written permission of The South Africa House of Wine) for purposes other than the viewing of information or for ordering purposes, is strictly prohibited. Permission is granted to electronically copy, and to print in hard copy, portions of this website for the sole purpose of placing an order with The South Africa House of Wine or using this website as a shopping resource.
All information (including credit card details) is sent and received using the latest in secure e-commerce software. The South Africa House of Wine will continue to use new security protocols and software as they become available. If you have any questions about any aspect of site security please contact us via the form on the 'Contact Us' page.
The South Africa House of Wine has taken every effort to ensure that the information on this website is correct, accurate and up to date. However, The South Africa House of Wine takes no responsibility whatsoever for information that is incomplete, inaccurate or out of date.
The South Africa House of Wine shall not be held liable to any individual or business for any damage or loss which may have occurred from the use of any matter contained on this website.
All text and graphics on this website, unless specified, are directed solely at those who access the website from the United Kingdom mainland. The South Africa House of Wine makes no representation or will not be held liable for any action placed upon the website by individuals from other locations. The South Africa House of Wine assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any links to the Internet or other third party websites from its website. Once you activate these links you will leave this website and The South Africa House of Wine will not be responsible, or liable, for the content of any other websites on the Internet to which you may visit from its site.
The South Africa House of Wine also prohibits all persons from providing hypertext or other links to our website, (other than to our home page) from their web site or from a third party's web site without our prior written consent.
It is against the law to sell or indeed supply intoxicating substances to persons under 18 years of age in the UK. By placing an order you confirm that you are at least 18 years old. If our couriers are in doubt of the age of the recipient of an order they will request some form of photographic ID. In the event that this is not satisfied they are not permitted to leave the wine.
If you wish to contact us directly, please do so via the form on the Contact Us page.
These terms and conditions apply to all competitions featured in any publications and online services that are organised by The South Africa House of Wine:
- By entering a competition with The South Africa House of Wine, entrants accept these terms and conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for such competition which may be mentioned in any electronic messages, or on the website, or communicated to entrants in any other way. Such competition information shall prevail in the event of there being any inconsistency between these competition terms and conditions and any competition information.
- TheSouth Africa House of Wine may cancel or amend any competition, competition information, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions.
- Competitions are open to all residents of the United Kingdom, i.e. England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales. For the avoidance of doubt, Jersey, Guernsey, and the Isle of Man are not part of the United Kingdom for these purposes.
- We reserve the right to select an alternative winner. There is no minimum age limit unless specified otherwise in the competition information. However, entrants under the age of 18 must insert contact details of a parent or guardian when entering.
- Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, inaudible, incomprehensible, or not received by TheSouth Africa House of Wine will be void.
- In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry or any answers given by entrants (if applicable), or the operation of any part of the competition (in the case of postal entries, a postal strike for example), network or phone system, the decision of The South Africa House of Wine shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be randomly selected from all correct and valid entries.
- We reserve the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend all competitions in whole or in part, at our sole discretion, if we believe the competition is not capable of being conducted as specified in these terms and conditions or in the event of a virus, computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of The South Africa House of Wine.
- The South Africa House of Wine reserves the right in its sole discretion to withhold delivery of the prize until such proof of eligibility and identity has been confirmed or if such proof is not produced on request or to disqualify the entrant from the competition.
- The South Africa House of Wine shall try to deliver the prize to the winner within 28 days from the date of the draw, unless otherwise specified to the winner. Delivery restrictions may apply. No cash equivalent (where applicable) or alternative prize will be given and the prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, The South Africa House of Wine reserves the right to change the prize due to circumstances beyond its control or to offer an alternative of similar value.
- In relation to all competitions, the first name and surname of the winner may be published by The South Africa House of Wine and entrants grant to The South Africa House of Wine a non-exclusive license to use and publish their entry in any media for the purpose of announcing the winner.
- By entering any of our competitions, you are also agreeing to future promotional/marketing emails and posts.
- Unit 6 The Woodyard
- Castle Ashby
- NN7 1LF
- 01604 695 819